Photo via: society19.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Have you ever said or thought to yourself . . . “I can do that myself,”? Yup. Me too. I used to be that person that would stare in awe at all of these beautiful pins on Pinterest, or find a piece of functional, yet cute home décor at some random store only to think to myself . . . “That seems so easy! Why didn’t I think of that?!”
- College dorms dont exactly have a rep for being the most beautiful living spaces. But heres a lesson to all the soon-to-be-freshmen out there in the world: Life is a whole lot more fun if you learn to think on the bright side. What dorm rooms might lack in style, they make up for in neutrality. Your white concrete cube is a blank canvas to get creative with some beautiful solutions.
- 12 things you have to do before going off to college. Ensure your financial aid has gone thru. Sign up for freshman/transfer orientation, buy ethernet cable, double check youre set up with living situation, plan which welcome week events youll attend,
- An advent calendar out of toilet paper rolls. I think a tree shape would be more festive and we can paint them if there is time. What should we put in them for the kids?
- Planning out how to layout your dorm room with your roommate can help you maximize on space! http://blog.dormify.com/style-notes/rearranging-your-dorm-room
- Great idea for extra seating/storage. I would staple the fabric to the wood instead of using a glue gun, and Make a second piece of wood that fits into the crate, and nail it to the first piece on the bottom to keep it from slipping. Then you could really store stuff in it. Kids room? Dorm?
- It’s the Tumblr dream room, really. Your dorm should be an expression of who you are as a person; your interests, friends, music you’re into, and so forth. I’ll give you 5 easy DIY photo projects to turn your drab dorm decor into something both you…
- I wasnt going to make the college decision for my sons, but I showed them many ways to think about something that would have a big impact on their lives.
- Custom Photo Display Collage — this one uses wood blocks, but I bet you do also do this with that foam core stuff if you wanted something lighter weight. It would be cute with colorful photos and ribbon for kids rooms, too.
- A DIY to keep you stylishly organized. Step 1: Gather supplies: 2–4 sets of square nesting boxes, tissue paper, large binder clips, Washi tape, glue stick, Xacto knife, ruler and a pencil. Step 2: Lay out boxes in a design that works for your space, keeping the bottom squares even. Step 3: Measure the inside of each box and cut the tissue paper to fit. Glue in. Step 4: Attach Washi tape to the front edge of each box, flip over and cut off the excess; secure together with binder clips. Done!
- THINK – before you speak poster. Can print up to a 16×20 – Great visual for classroom or even lounge – reminds students/staff the importance of thinking before speaking! Has distress/scrapbook feel.
- Most dorm rooms are teeny tiny. And sure, you probably dont need a lot of stuff when you go off to college, but you still need some stuff. How are you gonna fit it all in? And how are you going to fit it all in in a way that doesnt make your dorm room look like a complete disaster? Weve got a few ideas.